August 3, 2017


Canada Visa Application

Starting March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and foreign nationals with a valid visa.
由2016年3月15日起,凡經外地飛往加拿大之旅客(由陸上或海上來到加拿大除外),必須持有電子旅行授權證 “Electronic Travel Authorization"(eTA) 或持有相關入境簽證,方可辦理登機手續。
而對於不豁免簽證國家的旅客,不可以申請eTA。(例如: HKDI, 澳門特區護照,中國護照須自行前往加拿大簽證中心辦理簽證)

The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.


Applicants under the visa exemption require applying eTA through internet 72 hours before departure.
免簽證入境者必須在出發前72小時於網上申請eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization)
For those eTA applications, HK$200 (including visa fee and service charge)





Study and work permit holders from visa-exempt countries who received their permit on or before July 31, 2015 will have to get an eTA as of March 15, 2016 to return to Canada. Applicants who get their study or work permit on or after August 1, 2015 will automatically be issued an eTA along with their permit.

Starting March 15, 2016, you will need to travel with your Canadian permanent resident card or permanent resident travel document when flying to Canada. Otherwise, you may not be able to board your flight to Canada.
Most permanent resident (PR) cards are valid for five years. The expiry date is printed on the card. If your PR card will expire within six months, you should apply to renew your card.





備註 Remark:
All visa applications are determined by the Consulate. The application fees will not be refund if the application was declined
The entire information for Visa application is subject to change without prior notice.

Update: 02 Jan 2016